I have been thrilled to receive a number of awards over the last couple of months, including these two Liebster Awards . I have already been given a pink Liebster Award and now I have a blue one and a white one to add to my collection. Although I have noticed that the white Liebster award is not the same as my previous pink award or the blue one because it states Liebster Blog and then a heart to symbolise love. So I guess with the third award I am getting some serious blog loving.
The Blue Liebster Award is from Rohan rohan7things.wordpress.com
I received this Liebster Blog (Love) award from mikesfilmtalk.com on March 26th 2013.
Thanks to Rohan and Mike for these two beautiful blog awards. I am very grateful for each and every award that I receive and I feel honoured that people have taken the time to read my blog and are enjoying the content.
As there appears to be some discrepancies between the rules for theses awards I am going to use the rules that I used for my first pink Liebster Award on the 10th of November 2012 quirkybooks.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/the-liebster-award-thanks-and-nominations for both of these awards.
For this award I need to:
- Answer 11 questions from the nominator. As Rohan hasn’t asked me any questions, I will answer the ones from Mike.
- Nominate 11 other people to receive this award (It is meant to be for people who have less than 200 followers but I don’t mind who you nominate. It’s the thought that counts.)
- Create 11 questions for the new nominees to answer
- Place the blog award on my blog
- Link back to the people who nominated me for this award
- Inform my nominees of their award from me
My 11 questions to answer are:
- Are you a cat or dog person, and why? Although I like cats, I am a dog person. My best friend when I was young was my cocker spaniel called Purdy. Nowadays my guineapigs are the love of my life. They are so cute, loveable and gorgeous. (Smaller poos to clean up too.)
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which three celebrities would you choose to be with you? Kylie Minogue, Fred Savage (If you remember him from The Wonder Years) and Bruno Mars.
- What’s your favourite film of all time? I have 3, You got Served, Grease, Dirty Dancing. All dance and music films. You Got Served is hip hop and has a great story line.
- Is there anything that you collect, and if so what? Erasers. (Some may like to call them rubbers but to avoid confusion with condoms, I like to use the word eraser.) I tend to buy them from the places that I visit and any I find that are unusual. I also collect eeyore things , from Winnie the Pooh. If you click on the link you will see a short video of eeyore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMDAY8H5yIw
- What is the strangest or most inventive thing you’ve ever dressed up as for a fancy dress party? I haven’t been to a fancy dress party as such but I have hired a witches costume and been in the audience of a Deal or No Deal Halloween special. I wore the costume on the train to go to the studios on my own from Exeter to Bristol. A couple commented that I was brave to do that.
- Are you a Windows or Mac user? I am definitely a Mac user. Although I do use Windows for Mac.
- What is your favourite place to go? To go on holiday I like Disneyland Paris or London. I love being busy and going to fun places. I especially like going to theme parks, zoos and aquariums.
- If you could keep any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose and why? My 4 beautiful guineapigs. They are the best thing ever.
- What is your proudest moment, like, ever? I have a lot. My latest one is being singled out for an official Special Recognition Award for my http://www.beatredundancyblues.com website prior to its launch. It is signed by Womens Development Unlimited and Devon County Council. (There is no apostrophe in their spelling of womens)
- Do you have any weird nicknames? No. My strangest one when I was at secondary school was “Sange”.
- If you could be anyone for a day (dead or alive, real person or a character, animated or real) , who would you choose and what would you do? If I had a previous life, I always used to think I was a tortoise, don’t ask me why, I have no idea. It may be because I had one for a pet. I guess I wouldn’t mind being a bird, so I could try out flying for the day but I would need to have a different mind because I don’t like heights and would spend all day on the ground. I like my mind so think I will stick to being me.
My 11 questions are:
- Do you prefer black or white and why?
- What do you like most about rain?
- If you could publish any one book that you are currently writing, which one would it be and why?
- If you weren’t a writer, what other job would you be doing and why?
- Do you prefer poetry or prose?
- What is your greatest writing moment to date and why?
- What is your favourite genre to read and why?
- What is you favourite animated film?
- Do you prefer How to or self-help books and why?
- How would you like people to remember you?
- What are your three most positive words.
I nominate the following bloggers for the blue Liebster Award:
I nominate the following bloggers for the white Liebster Blog (Heart) award:
Some of you may have over 200 followers but like I said, it’s the thought that counts.
Happy Easter to all of my fellow bloggers. Thanks for your support.
Have a fantastic Easter weekend.
On October 25th I was Nominated for the Liebster Award by Wendy from searchingforthehappiness.wordpress.com, thank you so much Wendy, you have an awesome blog and I love following it.
I have recently been away in London and wanted to take time to think about who to nominate before I went ahead and did so.
For this award I have received 11 questions to answer. Hope you find out a little more about me and if you have any questions, please fee free to ask away.
1. What has been the most rewarding part of blogging for you?
- Writing a guest blog post for a HR company and it got a mention in The New York Times
- Writing a blog post – Any opportunity to write and I am ecstatic
- Communicating with some amazing people
- Having Author and Writing Coach Rochelle Melander, guest blog on my blog
- Having competitions for people to win a copy of Write-A-Thon
- A blog post from my other blog, http://www.beatredundancyblues.wordpress.com being featured as a headline on Platform 3 online newspaper from Switzerland
2. What have friends and family said about you having a blog?
My mum can’t even text, bless her, let alone go on the internet but she is pleased when I win an award. My dad picks over grammar, punctuation and spelling and tells me if there is something wrong, bless him. My friends are happy that my blog is successful and are very encouraging.
3. Has your blog helped you professionally or is your blog just for fun?
My blog has certainly helped me professionally. It has boosted my status as a professional writer and I have other writers following my blog that I feel so honoured by.
4. How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog in November 2010.
5. What state or country do you live in?
I live in Exeter, in Devon, in the UK.
6. What is your favorite hobby?
Writing of course, I adore it from head to toe and back again.
7. What is your favorite type of food?
I like Thai food, if I can get the place serving it to cater for my allergies. East St Thai restaurant in London is good at doing this for me. I also like Chinese food and the same thing applies.
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what type?
I have four extremely beautiful guineapigs who live indoors with me. Snuggles, Peaches, Daisy and Cinnamon.
9. What is your favorite book?
- Childrens’ – I like the Gruffalo and all Mr Men and Little Miss books
- Writing – How to Write a How To book
- Business – How to Start and Run Your Own Internet Business
10. What is your favorite movie?
I like the dance movie “You’ve Got Served”, Dirty Dancing and Grease.
11. What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time?
- Go to the cinema
- Spend time cuddling my guineapigs
- See family and friends
It’s now my turn to nominate 11 blogs to win the Liebster Award:
- What first inspired you to start writing a blog?
- What is the biggest challenge you have ever had to face when writing your blog?
- If you travelled through time, what time would you want to arrive at and why?
- Do you prefer to eat chocolate or sweets (or neither)?
- Do you prefer to read or to write?
- What is your favourite genre of writing and why?
- What is your favourite non-fiction topic to read about and why?
- If you could buy one book that would help you to solve a problem in your life, what would it be and why?
- Do you prefer to write at night or during the day?
- If you could be any character out of any book, who would you be and why?
- Do you prefer to read a printed book or an e-Book?
Congratulations to all the nominees, I can’t wait to see your answers and which 11 blogs you have chosen to nominate.