On October 25th I was Nominated for the Liebster Award by Wendy from searchingforthehappiness.wordpress.com, thank you so much Wendy, you have an awesome blog and I love following it.
I have recently been away in London and wanted to take time to think about who to nominate before I went ahead and did so.
For this award I have received 11 questions to answer. Hope you find out a little more about me and if you have any questions, please fee free to ask away.
1. What has been the most rewarding part of blogging for you?
- Writing a guest blog post for a HR company and it got a mention in The New York Times
- Writing a blog post – Any opportunity to write and I am ecstatic
- Communicating with some amazing people
- Having Author and Writing Coach Rochelle Melander, guest blog on my blog
- Having competitions for people to win a copy of Write-A-Thon
- A blog post from my other blog, http://www.beatredundancyblues.wordpress.com being featured as a headline on Platform 3 online newspaper from Switzerland
2. What have friends and family said about you having a blog?
My mum can’t even text, bless her, let alone go on the internet but she is pleased when I win an award. My dad picks over grammar, punctuation and spelling and tells me if there is something wrong, bless him. My friends are happy that my blog is successful and are very encouraging.
3. Has your blog helped you professionally or is your blog just for fun?
My blog has certainly helped me professionally. It has boosted my status as a professional writer and I have other writers following my blog that I feel so honoured by.
4. How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog in November 2010.
5. What state or country do you live in?
I live in Exeter, in Devon, in the UK.
6. What is your favorite hobby?
Writing of course, I adore it from head to toe and back again.
7. What is your favorite type of food?
I like Thai food, if I can get the place serving it to cater for my allergies. East St Thai restaurant in London is good at doing this for me. I also like Chinese food and the same thing applies.
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what type?
I have four extremely beautiful guineapigs who live indoors with me. Snuggles, Peaches, Daisy and Cinnamon.
9. What is your favorite book?
- Childrens’ – I like the Gruffalo and all Mr Men and Little Miss books
- Writing – How to Write a How To book
- Business – How to Start and Run Your Own Internet Business
10. What is your favorite movie?
I like the dance movie “You’ve Got Served”, Dirty Dancing and Grease.
11. What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time?
- Go to the cinema
- Spend time cuddling my guineapigs
- See family and friends
It’s now my turn to nominate 11 blogs to win the Liebster Award:
- What first inspired you to start writing a blog?
- What is the biggest challenge you have ever had to face when writing your blog?
- If you travelled through time, what time would you want to arrive at and why?
- Do you prefer to eat chocolate or sweets (or neither)?
- Do you prefer to read or to write?
- What is your favourite genre of writing and why?
- What is your favourite non-fiction topic to read about and why?
- If you could buy one book that would help you to solve a problem in your life, what would it be and why?
- Do you prefer to write at night or during the day?
- If you could be any character out of any book, who would you be and why?
- Do you prefer to read a printed book or an e-Book?
Congratulations to all the nominees, I can’t wait to see your answers and which 11 blogs you have chosen to nominate.