With the current pandemic situation, it’s easy to feel like you just want to go to sleep, throw the bed covers over your head and tell the world to “wake me up when it’s over!” But when you realise it’s not going away any time soon, how do you stay positive in dark and difficult times?
Here are 7 ways how to stay positive in dark and difficult times.
- Realise tomorrow is done, it’s already gone and in the past, you can’t change it, but you can have control over how you live your life daily, and you can start over each new day.
- Worrying won’t help. It won’t solve the problem, but may make it worse. Take control of your life and own your day. So it doesn’t own you. As my Grandma used to say, “You die if you worry, you die you don’t, so why worry?” She had, and still has, a point. Her wise words live on in my soul, even if she is no longer on planet Earth.
- Practice gratitude. Write down 5 things you are grateful each day, and/or, say them out loud, when you wake up each morning. It’s hard to feel down when you have so much to be grateful and thankful for.
- You have already been through shit in your life, and you know it. So, you can get through this.
- This time shall pass and won’t last forever, always remember that.
- Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t do. Do things that you are passionate about, they make you feel great and awesome. This will keep your spirits high.
- Change your state through, music, movement – dancing around your home, comedy. Find things in each and every single day to make you smile. It’s hard to feel sad if you are smiling.
Share this post with someone who needs to hear this right now.
Stay quirky and write soon
People look externally to get their life to be ‘better’; to have more money, to look a certain way; to get people to believe they are this and that. They often go along with the masses, and react like a chameleon, and lose their sense of self in the process! They end up trying to replicate so many others so often, that they barely recognise themselves and then look for external gratification and reassurance that it is okay to be them (which is actually a made up version of lots of other people) – so who is them? Do they even know? ‘Why are you trying to be someone you are not?’ I think to myself, because when your life has ended, will these superficial people you follow and try to be like even care? Stop wasting your life and start living your own! There is no better person to be than yourself, because nobody does a better job of being you, no one else knows what you like, need, and want, more than you do, so only you have the power to make yourself the happiest being alive, and you don’t need anyone else to do that for you. The best role you can possibly get in your life, is that of being your true authentic self, and all you need is you, to see your life through!
Stay your quirky self my friend, live your life for you and love yourself, every day, just as you are, your whole life through!
Until next time, stay quirky and write soon
I know some people who absolutely love bookstores and just can’t get enough of them, it’s like they are a baby in a huge playpen full of their favourite toys, their eyes light up and they are instantly lost in a world full of magic, mystery, wonder, excitement and fantasy! Is this you? Can you relate? (Comment below if you can!)
As a writer who is slow to read, I tend to only read the types of books I like to write – which is predominately non-fiction, self-help, how-to books. So I am not so enthused about going into bookstores, I prefer to just get a book when I need it, and I usually buy it from Amazon, which is where I sell my own Quirky Books.
What do you think about bookstores? How much do you love your local bookstore?
Until next time, stay quirky and write soon.
There is no greater love, that the love for yourself. How are you practising self-love today? Watch, share and subscribe, for more inspirational videos! Stay quirky and write soon – Sandra xx
ALWAYS COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS – A HEART’S A HEART!! No matter what happens in life, always count your blessings. My Snow guinea pig has a rare condition where her tongue is attached to her cheeks!! And from now on she needs to have 3 operations a year and check-ups every 2 months. So now I am working extra hours in my day job – 6 days a weeks throughout promotional periods to pay for it, because the insurance company will only pay up to a maximum of half this year and may exclude it from my Snow guinea pig’s insurance completely next year, when it is due for renewal. On average Snow has got another 4 years of potential life left in her and in-between treatments she is happy, playful, and eating/drinking. So I choose to work more hours, so she can live, otherwise she dies. It has taken some adjusting to, but she is worth every penny and a heart is a heart, no matter whether it is covered in fur or skin!
Stay quirky and write soon
I have had a full on week of webinars and training – I am currently doing the YouTube Success Bootcamp, and I also fell over and cut/bruised my knee, so I have been getting over that. It’s still sore, but I can walk normally and have rested it today, as well as jigging on the spot, mostly using my upper body to music – while doing the washing up – well, inbetween! Always be quirky!
INSPIRATION INSPIRED YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS T-SHIRT
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE TO FEEL INSPIRED – 15% OFF FOR BLACK FRIDAY DEAL.
Inspire Your Life with this Official Inspiration Inspired; Your Destiny Is In Your Hands, 100% Cotton T-Shirt. Wear inspiration to feel inspired. This T-Shirt comes in a choice…
Hi everyone, this is my own design of T-Shirt – My first Inspiration Inspired T-Shirt. I have partnered with Amazon.com
who are printing my T-shirts for me and delivering them to customers, dealing with returns, and any customer service issues. Yes I do own the domain InspirationInspired.com and so you will more designs in the future from me. I create the design concept and I pay a professional designer to do the artwork – he is amazing. I also own the domain quirkytshirt.com
– just bought that a couple of days ago, it isn’t even assigned yet, but that’s another quirky matter!
Stay quirky, no matter what!
Sandra aka Quirky Books