I used to think why is there so much hatred, darkness, and pain in life, and that there is no way I would wish anyone to be brought into this world, as it was horrible. I don’t think that way anymore as I am no longer depressed. What you focus on expands and I was focused back then on negativity, on the fact I didn’t like myself or my life. I watched TV and the news, which is full of rape, death, murder, violence and betrayal. News focuses on the bad and negative stuff, in order to grip you emotionally and scare you into coming back for more! To make you think, if you don’t watch it, something bad will happen to you, as you don’t know what is going on in the world. But the reality is, you create your own reality, and by focusing on that bad news each day, it makes you more fearful and scared of the world at large, and therefore you have to keep watching it, like a drug, in order to avoid the pain, when in reality, it is injecting pain into you, into your mind, into your body, until you become a fearful, sick, and nervous wreck. This is often subconscious, rather than conscious.
So what can you do?
- You need to free yourself from the negativity and embrace the positive.
- Stop watching TV and in particularly the news. Don’t read newspapers daily.
- If you do watch TV, keep it to comedy, and things that make you feel love, laughter, and joy. Go into the light and cut out the dark on TV. Both the light and dark are there, but you have a choice! Don’t make excuses, make positive choices and positive changes in your life.
- Be far more disciplined to get good thoughts, words, actions, and images, into your life, and put them into action constantly. Pay attention to the music you listen to, as well and the films you watch, and what you read. Ask yourself, if it is positive or negative. Then get rid of the negative.
- Listen to positive affirmations daily to help get your mind into a positive state.
- Know happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy! It’s your life.
- Practise gratitude daily. Be grateful and thankful for what you have right now in your life, and every single day.
- You are responsible for yourself, and your life, no one else.
- Have courage to face your fears head on.
- Trust your intuition.
- Learn, develop, and grow yourself, and never stop learning.
- Realise all the special qualities, skills, and abilities you have, and keep implementing them and recognising them.
- Find your life purpose and live it.
- Help others and it will help you to live a purposeful life
- Realise that all the dark moments in your life, needed to happen, in order for you to learn, develop, and grow yourself, into the person you are today.
- Be thankful for everything that happens in your life, good or bad, and know that everything happens for a reason, good or bad.
- Know that when experiencing bad times, it means good times are just around the corner. The more bad and unhappy, the more fortunate and happy times are ahead. Because where there is darkness, there is always light around the corner
I now understand that without darkness there would be no light! But by focusing on the light, it helps to keep the darkness away, and to draw happiness, love, and light, to me always. Like a boomerang, light will ways come back to me, and I will never reside and stay in a pit of darkness and despair, ever again. I will always go back into light. I freed myself of depression in 2012, and even if things are not going the way I want them to, I know that time will pass and I will be happy and joyful again.
Right now, in this moment. My life is awesome. I won’t lie. I am nervous about the future, but also optimistic about it! I love my life and I am very thankful for living in my beautiful flat, for having a roof over my head and food in my belly. For having wonderful friends in my life and people who love me implicitly. A new guy has come into my life who I am very thankful and grateful for. He’s a cutie! And it’s my 3rd 21st mindset birthday next week! On 24th of April! Rock on!
Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter Weekend! What helps you go towards the light and keep out the darkness? Please write in the comments below, as I love to read you.
As always, keep being quirky you and write soon.
You must be logged in to post a comment.