How To Deal With Setbacks!
My 12 Simple Step Formula How To Overcome Setbacks!
Happy New Year 2018!
So last year I had a number of setbacks in succession. First I was made redundant from my day job of 5 years that I enjoyed, 2 days later, 10 of my websites got hacked and my account was suspended by my web host for all of my sites. It took me about 7 weeks to finally get them all back online virus free, databases mended, security learned to a high degree and installed on each with backup, and to redesign some and put coming soon notifications on the others – as I am changing some of them anyway this year (blessing in disguise?). The guy I was with turned out not to be so nice so I split with him and my printer did not work for 3 weeks – I fixed it and now it has stopped working again! My fibro book is yet to be finished, I have written the meat but need to rearrange some of the chapters!
My simple 12 step formula for how to overcome setbacks:
- Believe everything happens for a reason good or bad – this stops the ‘why me syndrome’, and know that life is forcing you to change paths somehow for your own good, you aren’t living up to your full life potential and you need to be on another path.
- Know that things often come in a succession but it is better to get all the s..t out and got rid of in one long go than keep getting lots of ups and downs (preferably short go) but accept that life is full of ups and downs anyway.
- Always remember when there are a ton of downs, law of averages means there is going to be a lot of ups coming your way.
- Remain positive! Have a positive attitude to life and use positive self-talk!
- Say, bring it on, I am stronger than you think and I can deal with anything life throws my way.
- Know that life will be struggle and expect it, so when it comes it is not as shocking.
- Believe in yourself and your ability to work things out.
- See all obstacles as challenges that you will gladly overcome.
- Know there are no failures, just lessons to learn from – therefore you can never truly fail.
- Believe it is better to have struggles, challenges, and be stretched, to develop and grow yourself into a stronger version of you than to stagnate in life and never change.
- See change as a good thing.
- Always count your blessings and be thankful and grateful for what you do have and that you are alive.
I hope that helps you.
As always, stay quirky and write soon.
Happy New Year 2018.
Lots of love and hugs xx