On the 8th of November, this year, 2018 – something amazing happened! I was sent a congratulations on my 8th year Bloggerversary for this Quirky Books blog.
In the time I started this blog, great things have happened to me:
- In 2012, I overcame depression using my Embrace Your Quirky Philosophy, which is all about being your true, authentic self, no matter what anyone else, says, thinks, or does.
- In 2012, I also was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, which took 6 months to come to terms with, and then I saw the blessings of it and how it truly changed my life, for the better, forever, it became my super power. Fibro is a chronic pain condition that affects the nerves and muscles of the body, you can’t usually die from it, but you can get other life threatening conditions because it can lower your immune system. Worse case is you can end up on crutches or in a wheelchair. Many people are tired with it and lack energy, I am different, because I do things differently, as you will read from my new fibro book that is coming out soon.
- I saved someone’s life in 2013.
- I won a local business award in 2013 for my www.beatredundancyblues.co.uk website idea.
- I completed a 14 week pattern changing course to ensure I don’t get into an abusive long-term relationship ever again.
- I met HM The Queen at St James’s Palace, and spoke to her.
- In 2014, I discovered I am hetero-asexual in sexual orientation, not hetero-sexual, so I am attracted to guys romantically, not sexually. I want to kiss them, not have sex with them – well the right guys, I am aesthetically attracted to younger, foreign guys, in their 20s! Asexual cougar! But not found the right asexual guy in the UK yet.
- In 2017, Quirky Books became my own publishing imprint and my Asexual Perspectives 47 Asexual Stories, Love, Life and Sex, ACElebration of Asexual Diversity book, was published under Quirky Books, and cannot only be got through Amazon, but can be ordered through books stores and is in 6 libraries around the UK, including the British Library. My book will go down as part of English heritage and help tons of people for generations to come.
- This year I got to be a speaker in London at the UK Asexuality Conference, on the 8th of July. It was amazing. I was part of a relationships panel discussion and also had my own 45 minute talk with Q & A, about how to arrange an asexual meetup.
- I organise asexual in person meets in my city in the UK, since January 2015, and these days people come from all over the UK to them. This weekend I have another one and will be spending time with 9 asexuals on the official meetup day on Sunday 18th Nov, for a Chinese meal at Tang Shian restaurant and a 10th person will join us later for the Christmas light switching on in my city. I am meeting up with 7 of the 10, the evening before, for another meetup, and one of my asexual friends is staying in my city on Friday so I am meeting up with him and going clubbing, and him and another are staying over Sunday, so I shall see them Monday too. I love having asexual friends, happy days.
All of these 10 moments in my life have counted so much to my happiness, but there is many more I have had and many more to come, so this list is not exhaustive. Remember to make every moment count in your life, because once that moment is gone, it’s gone forever. Which reminds me that my Disneyland Paris 21st Mindset Birthday last year, was also one of the very best things to happen to me in my life, ever! So that is bonus number 11.
On the 8th of November, I also saw my furry kid daughters, which was fantastic to see them. Above are the photos I took whilst with them and I am visiting them again tomorrow, because on the 8th, they were both diagnosed with suspected ovarian cysts (Chestnut has lost some weight because of this), and both are having operations this Thursday 15th of November to remove those, so please pray they will be okay. Their hearts are strong, but it is a delicate operation for little piggies. I am really thankful the head vet who is now doing their operations, as he is experienced and the best chance they have of being okay. He was off sick and their appointment would have been tomorrow but it has been moved to Thursday so he can do it! Happy days again.
Here is a live stream I did on the 8th of Nov, of Chestnut, on my Asexualise channel.
Until next time, stay quirky and write soon
You must be logged in to post a comment.