Besides writing non-fiction how-to business books, I also enjoy writing children’s picture books for 3-5 years.
To write for children you need to bring out the child in you. By this I mean:
● Watch children’s TV.
● Read children’s stories.
● Have things a child would have such as cuddly toys or action figures.
● Play like a child would play – On diggers or swings.
● Go to kid’s club at the cinema and watch kids movies in a room full of kids.
● Go on day trips to where children would go – The beach, zoo, theme park.
● Play with and be around children.
● When you are with children, act like a kid, make animal noises, be energetic, make up stories, use your imagination.
● Think young, act young, be young.
If you get the chance, watch the Sooty Show, like I did at Brean Leisure Park.