With the current pandemic situation, it’s easy to feel like you just want to go to sleep, throw the bed covers over your head and tell the world to “wake me up when it’s over!” But when you realise it’s not going away any time soon, how do you stay positive in dark and difficult times?
Here are 7 ways how to stay positive in dark and difficult times.
- Realise tomorrow is done, it’s already gone and in the past, you can’t change it, but you can have control over how you live your life daily, and you can start over each new day.
- Worrying won’t help. It won’t solve the problem, but may make it worse. Take control of your life and own your day. So it doesn’t own you. As my Grandma used to say, “You die if you worry, you die you don’t, so why worry?” She had, and still has, a point. Her wise words live on in my soul, even if she is no longer on planet Earth.
- Practice gratitude. Write down 5 things you are grateful each day, and/or, say them out loud, when you wake up each morning. It’s hard to feel down when you have so much to be grateful and thankful for.
- You have already been through shit in your life, and you know it. So, you can get through this.
- This time shall pass and won’t last forever, always remember that.
- Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t do. Do things that you are passionate about, they make you feel great and awesome. This will keep your spirits high.
- Change your state through, music, movement – dancing around your home, comedy. Find things in each and every single day to make you smile. It’s hard to feel sad if you are smiling.
Share this post with someone who needs to hear this right now.
Stay quirky and write soon