Let me know how many of these 21 reasons why I love being a writer, you can relate to, in the comments below!
- Your imagination is brought to life!
- When writing a fiction book, the characters speak to you and tell you how to write their story! (True or true?)
- It’s exciting to see your ideas come to life.
- When momentum builds and you can’t stop writing, it’s so euphoric!
- I just love the act of writing, it feels like I am in ecstasy when I do it.
- Writing feels like a part of my soul I never want to be without, it’s central to my core being.
- It stops and prevents boredom.
- I feel like my books are my best friends, they know all my secrets, my personal thoughts and feelings, and they don’t judge me; they just let me flow and be me, as I am, in the moment.
- My books are my companions on a dark and gloomy day, and also a spark of light, that lightens the way.
- Writing is a gift that I am proud to say I have, and it makes me feel amazing!
- Writing is my life purpose 100%, it’s the number 1 thing in my life that gives me 100% satisfaction.
- Writing changes people’s lives.
- Writing a book leaves a lasting legacy, long after you have gone from this earth in the human form you are at present. (Seeing your book in a future life could be a hugely surreal experience if you believe in reincarnation, and a great story in and of itself. I have thought about writing that one myself but as I specialise in mostly non-fiction, I prefer to stick to what I enjoy writing the most, but if you are looking for a writing prompt, then you can grab this one with my compliments!)
- I love owning my own publishing imprint of Quirky Books – it was a dream since I started writing this blog over 8 years ago. This means any books published under my own imprint can be ordered in shops and found in some UK libraries, including the British Library, as I have my own ISBN numbers.
- My ASEXUAL PERSPECTIVES: 47 Asexual Stories: LOVE, LIFE and SEX, ACElebration of ASEXUAL DIVERSITY book, is in the British Library, and will go down as part of British Heritage to be used for research for generations to come, I am really proud of this. Especially as everyone thinks they need to have sex in order to have a loving, happy, and healthy relationship, which for asexuals, (those who lack sexual attraction), is simply not true.
- Writing makes me feel good, about myself; about my life; and in general I am so much happier when I am writing than when I am not. When I don’t write, it feels like something is missing from my life and my soul is not fulfilled.
- Writing feels so good and puts me in a good mood, it makes me feel more like my life is worth living.
- Writing is extremely therapeutic, it purges the soul and allows you to get all of your feelings and emotions out in a constructive manner.
- Being a writer allows you to be an observer of life like no other. You see the world completely differently to anyone else.
- There is no limit to how many books you can write and how many lives you can change as a result.
- Writing it the most powerful communication tool you can use to change the world. Even if you learn something on a YouTube video; other video; or from listening to a person speak, it’s the act of writing that learning out, that instills the learning into the subconscious mind. It’s only through changing patterns in the subconscious mind, that we can begin to free ourselves of the social and parental conditioning that we have grown accustom to.
How many of these 21 reasons why I love being a writer can you relate to? Please write in the comments below, I would love to read you xx
Until next time, as always, stay quirky and write really soon