It has been a really difficult and sad time for me lately, because on Sunday 29th of October, I had to split with my asexual boyfriend. The guy who I thought was my soulmate, and who was really kind, sweet and loving towards me, turned out not to be so nice after all, not loving me like he first did, or valuing my worth, and in fact exhibited some controlling behaviour! It is hard when you think you know someone, then find out they are not the person you thought they are and he did a good job of fooling me!! I really thought he truly and deeply cared for me, but I was mistaken. His behaviour appeared to change so quickly!
I wrote an Asexual Newsletter which you can find here, about how his behaviour changed and about some of the signs of controlling behaviour that you may want to look out for! And about how sometimes, you have to be your own hero and save yourself and get out of a relationship that is no good for you, no matter how painful it may be: http://mailchi.mp/a50715303715/asexual-break-up-how-to-be-your-own-hero
These videos were hard for me to do, after the break-up!
After my hurt and pain started to heal! Here is my advice on how to get over relationship heartbreak and heartache!
- Allow yourself to grieve, better out that in. Do not bottle it up!
- Speak to family and friends to get their support.
- Get your emotions out constructively and do blogging or YouTubing if you need to.
- Do things that are not just distracting, but that are productive and help develop you as a person!
- Self-date. It is fantastic for your soul!
What other tips would you like to share?