1. Big Picture – Start with a one-line summary of your novel
2. Three Acts – Write a synopsis including the 3 acts of your book
3. Spotlight – Write one-page descriptions on each character (very important)
4. Location, Location, Location – Build the setting(s) and determine their significance
5. I or You – Decide on the P.O.V. – it can make or break your novel!
6. It’s About Time – Create a pace between scenes and be consistent
7. Pen to Paper – Write your first draft (and then your 2nd, 3rd…)
8. Edit Out – Self-edit and then send out to a Editor
9. Edit In – Revise and Rewrite
10. Off to the Presses – Publish your book. Just do it!
11. Go out and celebrate, because you deserve it!
I am currently working on my latest non-fiction Quirky Book, “How To Manage Fibromyalgia Like A Superhero Rockstar”, there is a subtitle too. I started to write some of it in draft form about 6-8 weeks ago, and as Lady Gaga recently came out about having Fibromyalgia, I thought it’s time to type it up and finish writing it. This is challenging for me, as now I have finished typing up most of draft, I am having to type up the book straight from my head to the Mac screen. It is really hard doing his, but good to stretch and challenge me at the same time. It is something I have not tried to do much of. As I am writing the majority of the book like this and still having to make it impactful and logical in order, I think this is a writing skill that is on another level entirely. It requires a humongous degree of focus and determination, and of thinking on my brain feet. I am still making little notes and prompts to help me, as the book is unfolding, and still have a few notes and points to add, that I already made. I am slower than I would like to be, but this is a quality short book, so I don’t want to rush it and not make it as good as it can be, without it going on forever. I have learnt that perfectionism can kill the writer, just as much as procrastination, and one can lead to the other anyway. So I am going to do my best, then hit that publish button and believe it is good enough. But I still have much work to do on it, as it is a deep book that not many will have thought about the content for, as I am presenting it. You know that every book I write is different and a Quirky Book, and as usual, I will be crossing over genres. This book is an autobiographical, How-To, self-help book. And will be a fabulous read. You can pick up some skills from it, even if you don’t have Fibro. I have also got a Fab outfit for the AD … All will be revealed in the future xxxx
Until next time, stay quirky and write soon
2 thoughts on “How To Write A Book The Easy Way!!!!”
Reblogged this on Popular on WordPress Blog.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the reblog xx