Welcome to your A-Z of writing.
Over the coming weeks, I will be going through the A-Z of writing, giving hints, tips, information and advice on writing. Each post will start with a new alphabet letter, in sequence. I have just completed a Level 4 IAG Diploma. (Information, Advice and Guidance.) So lets see if I can put into practice, what I have learnt.
A is for appreciation of your reader. If it wasn’t for them, your audience, you would not be able to light up their life with your creative genius.
It is very important to:
- Research what your reader wants
- Add value to your reader’s life
- Not patronise your readers
- Attend book signings
- Give talks
- Interact with your readers as much as possible
- Reply to your reader’s tweets and messages
- Be grateful you are doing what you love
- Show appreciation to each reader at every available opportunity
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog post, it is much appreciated.