You may have noticed quirkybooks.net is developing.
I have taken on-board my first new illustrator and he is working on illustrations for my debut children’s picture book for 3-5 year olds.
So what makes compelling characters for kids in terms of the writer/illustrator partnership for that age group:
- Character expressions mimic that of the kids’.
- They behave in the same manner as a kid would.
- They speak the kids’ language.
- Even the more scary animals are cute, cuddly and approachable.
- Each character has their own character that makes them memorable in some way.
- They are colourful.
- The story is told from the point of view of the main character.
- The main character is likeable and approachable.
- Kids can relate to the main character in some way.
- Each character could have a story of their own to tell.
My debut children’s picture book © “The Owl Who Couldn’t Hoot” will be out in a few months.
If you would like to keep up to date with what is happening and for news , information and inspiration . Please click on the link below and fill in your details:
Write soon. Sandra.