I finally sent my redundancy book proposal off to How to Books. It took ages to write, proof-read, edit, proof-read, edit and yes you’ve guessed it, re-edit.
My top five tips for how to stayed focused on your writing:
- SMART task yourself. Set writing goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timed.
- Keep a diary of each of your writing achievements to see how well you are progressing.
- Make sure you plan when to write and either stick to it or reschedule it.
- Set time aside specifically for writing and ensure those around you know that you are ‘working’ then.
- Stop procrastinating and just do it.
Write soon. Sandra