It’s coming up to that time of year when holidays are in abundance.
If you are a fellow writer, it can be a pleasure and a pain.
A pain because, if you are anything like me and you do not get an opportunity to write whilst on holiday, you miss it, you long for it, you crave for it, you yearn for it and are somewhat more sad and lonely to be without it.
If the person/s you are away with are understanding then that is great but if you are with someone who doesn’t write and believes your work should be left at home, what can you do?
How can you write whilst you are away?
Here are my top five tips:
- Create a diary of your journey, tell your loved ones or friends it’s so you can remember the happy times you’ve share and then use it when you get home to write a story or an article.
- Keep a notebook and pen by the side of your bed, pretend you are asleep and wait until everyone else is asleep, then begin to write.
- Write at least one postcard to a member of your family or a friend each day.
- Pretend you are reading a book by the side of the pool or at the beach and then slip a notebook and pen inside and begin to write.
- When you are away, if you are going to have internet access, create a second email address and email yourself with a piece of writing .
Good luck and enjoy your holiday.
Happy writing. Sandra.