Staying positive in this current economic climate can be extremely difficult, especially when the daily news seems to bring nothing but doom and gloom. However, one simple thing could help you on your way to becoming a more positive person.
Smiling, simple but true!
- Smiling, puts other people at ease, it lets them know you are approachable.
- A smile can break the ice with a stranger and lead to new found friendships.
- Your usual tone of voice is lowered whilst on the telephone, smiling on the telephone allows your tone to become higher and sound more welcoming.
- Even if you are feeling fed up, depressed and really don’t want to smile, try it, a little bit at a time, you will be surprised how focusing on something else which contradicts your current frame of mind, could actually be a step in helping you to get out of the poor frame of mind you are in.
- If someone smiles back at you, it will make you happier and increase your confidence.