Thank you for continuing to join me on my wonderful journey of the written word. Your support is greatly appreciated.
As you can see from my previous blogs, I am a great believer in self publishing. But why? I hear you ask.
Let me enlighten you with my twenty reasons why you should self publish.
1) You have overall control over the layout of your book.
2) You can choose your own illustrator.
3) You can work with your illustrator to come up with designs you both feel are suitable for your story.
4) You have control over how you publicise your books.
5) You choose how much you are going to sell your books for.
6) You have control over your profit and loss.
7) You will gain more contacts for your future business which could lead to other publishing opportunities.
8) You can increase your design skills.
9) You will achieve personal satisfaction.
10) You will never be bored as you will always have projects on the go.
11) It will give you a sense of purpose.
12) You will produce a product which will bring happiness to others.
13) You can give new talent a platform to work from.
14) You can decide on the design of your book cover.
15) You can produce a product which may help people.
16) It will give you a sense of great achievement.
17) You can offer insight to the reader.
18) It will increase your self-confidence.
19) It will increase your self belief.
20) You can absorb yourself in your own imagination.
You will notice I didn’t say, to make money. Publish your writing for the love of it and you won’t go far wrong.
5 thoughts on “Twenty Reasons Why You Should Self Publish”
Because nobody else will. I started at 70 + and thought death was likely before I found a publisher. Because of SP I have had the pleasure of developing my stories and my characters. I enjoyed the experience and have a phsyical product to offer.
Because nobody else will do it. I started to write at 70+ and thought death might come before I found a publisher. Because of SP I have had the pleasure of developing my characters and have a physical product to offer.
Hi Chris, thanks for stopping by and leaving this wonderful insight into your publishing. Congratulations and good for you.
Thank you for your support and encouraging words.
Self-publishing seems to be becoming very fashionable and one of the best ways to get your talent out there. I recently attended the Devon County Show and met a writer who has self-published her work for 5 years and she said she had spoke to a lot of other self-publishers at the show.
I agree with you on self-publishing. I self-published a 5 book series and I am very satisfied and happy with the results. It is the way to go for me.