How To Deal With Setbacks!
My 12 Simple Step Formula How To Overcome Setbacks!
Happy New Year 2018!
So last year I had a number of setbacks in succession. First I was made redundant from my day job of 5 years that I enjoyed, 2 days later, 10 of my websites got hacked and my account was suspended by my web host for all of my sites. It took me about 7 weeks to finally get them all back online virus free, databases mended, security learned to a high degree and installed on each with backup, and to redesign some and put coming soon notifications on the others – as I am changing some of them anyway this year (blessing in disguise?). The guy I was with turned out not to be so nice so I split with him and my printer did not work for 3 weeks – I fixed it and now it has stopped working again! My fibro book is yet to be finished, I have written the meat but need to rearrange some of the chapters!
My simple 12 step formula for how to overcome setbacks:
- Believe everything happens for a reason good or bad – this stops the ‘why me syndrome’, and know that life is forcing you to change paths somehow for your own good, you aren’t living up to your full life potential and you need to be on another path.
- Know that things often come in a succession but it is better to get all the s..t out and got rid of in one long go than keep getting lots of ups and downs (preferably short go) but accept that life is full of ups and downs anyway.
- Always remember when there are a ton of downs, law of averages means there is going to be a lot of ups coming your way.
- Remain positive! Have a positive attitude to life and use positive self-talk!
- Say, bring it on, I am stronger than you think and I can deal with anything life throws my way.
- Know that life will be struggle and expect it, so when it comes it is not as shocking.
- Believe in yourself and your ability to work things out.
- See all obstacles as challenges that you will gladly overcome.
- Know there are no failures, just lessons to learn from – therefore you can never truly fail.
- Believe it is better to have struggles, challenges, and be stretched, to develop and grow yourself into a stronger version of you than to stagnate in life and never change.
- See change as a good thing.
- Always count your blessings and be thankful and grateful for what you do have and that you are alive.
I hope that helps you.
As always, stay quirky and write soon.
Happy New Year 2018.
Lots of love and hugs xx
Always keep writing and never give up on your dreams.
In the new year I will have my “How To Manage Fibromyalgia Like A Superhero Rockstar – Fibro Girl To The Rescue” book out. It is about how to manage fibromyalgia to have less pain and more energy. Part autobiographical, it is told from my own experiences, knowledge, and using my Quirky Methods! I hope it helps a ton of people! There is a lot of life skills in it – so even if you don’t have fibro, it will still be a good read. I have some more editing to do before I can publish it, but in essence the meat is done. And next year, I will have my first Quirky Academy course out and that academy will be my main focus for next year!
You may recognise this pic from my last post, as it is the thumbnail for this video. This is the first time I have ever shown a tour of my flat. Happy Christmas!
Much love and light to you. Keep shining and bringing your joy to those who are blessed to know you.
Stay quirky and write soon,
FINALLY – I get to continuing writing my How To Manage Fibromyalgia Like A Superhero Rockstar book! Yeeessss!! After a succession of rather frustrating challenges, one may have easily given up on the uphill fight to get back on track, but not me! I was made officially redundant from my full-time day job on September 21st, but stayed on part-time to trial my replacement part-time position for 4 weekends, then on the 15th of October, it was the end!! Of that life anyway. 2 days later, 10 of my websites were hacked and you can read the rest of my challenges in my last post https://quirkybooks.wordpress.com/2017/12/14/you-have-the-power-within-you-motivational-inspirational-poem-by-sandra-bellamy-livestream/ Finally, after creating another asexual Facebook group to help those on the Grey Asexual/Demisexual end of the asexual spectrum to date others like them, after blogging to 3 blogs, vlogging, answering messages, publishing a newsletter, making sure content is prepared for my posts and pages – I can at last get back to the true love of my life (other than my guinea pigs), of writing, and boy is my soul feeling so much better and energised because of it! I really want to make my dream come true of writing full-time – but I also think the lord/destiny/creative intuition has even bigger plans for me in 2018! Testing me to my limits – bring it on!!
So this week I get to give my Christmas gift to myself, in the lead up to Christmas day, I get to finish writing my Fibromyalgia book called: “How To Manage Fibromyalgia Like A Superhero Rockstar – Fibro Girl To The Rescue.” “How to increase your energy and decrease your Fibromyalgia pain.” And it feels fantastic. It is great to have left a book since October and be able to re-read the whole thing with fresh eyes and add more relevant content to it! I have to say, reading the beginning part I was completely swept up in the fast pace of it, I thought, ‘this is a good book and I wrote this – wow!’ I impress myself sometimes by what I come out with in my Quirky Books, I think, ‘how do I know such stuff, how do I know what to write?’ It just comes naturally from knowledge and experience, and this book has been predominantly written from my mind to my Mac, which is a very difficult skill to learn and master, as the number one problem with writer’s block is staring at a blank screen – you shouldn’t do it! But, this is how I have been able to push myself this time around! I love challenging my beliefs and limits! I started on paper – which was key to getting on with it! So I did not just stare at a blank screen for the first pages of the book! But often I will flesh out the whole book on paper first – I will usually write something for every chapter heading, but this time I didn’t, I created some of the headings as I went along! So now you know what you should do, and what you shouldn’t do, in the rule of writing a non-fiction book to give you the best chance of completing it! With that in mind, I am going to get on with my book, time is of the essence and momentum is high right now, so I need to act on it fast, and with care about my writing!
What gift are you giving yourself this Christmas??
Happy Christmas! Love you, stay quirky and write soon xx
You Have The Power Within You was the first Motivational/Inspirational poem I have done on a LiveStream – check it out and let me know what you think in the comments below??
Everbody has the power within them to achieve great things, I always remember what Entrepreneur, Author and Speaker, Brendon Burchard say, “honour the struggle” and “your current circumstances do not dictate your future” – this is true! In 2018, I am going to be an online course trainer for myself, teaching others personal and professional development stuff, as well as getting other experts onboard – cannot wait! Super excited about that!!
I have had a lot of challenges over the past couple of months:
- Redundancy from my day job of 5 years that I enjoyed (everything happens for a reason)
- 10 websites hacked – only just got every one of them back to some form of normality last week! ( Learnt a ton about websites security and using CPanel/File Manager, MyPHP Admin, MySQL, and more of a pro now, so hopefully it won’t happen again with the amount of security I now have in place on each site) and my completely new websites www.sandrabellamy.com and www.sandrabellamy.co.uk that I rebuilt from scratch, are looking good! Check them out and let me know what you think in the comments below please??
- Split up with my first asexual boyfriend I ever had as he was no good for me and turned out not to be the loving and smitten person with me, that I thought he was! Now looking forward getting a more trustworthy guy for me and one who values my worth, or staying single forever, but hugely career focused for the next year – 2018!
- Commercial printer (only printer I have, out of action for a month – finally got it working again in the last week!)
- Appliance I bought was safety recalled (got a better model at no extra charge, and difference in cost with the higher insurance paid for me)
- Have done no more work on Fibro book since being made redundant and I have people wanting to buy it (have connected online with more Fibro sufferers though, who may end up buying it)
I have decided to live more as ‘quirky’ me since being made redundant and sleep in the day and work throughout the night now usually – great for the soul and far more productive – If I get a ‘normal’ job it will be hard, as I love my life so much right now, in this moment, and forever – but I need money coming in! So we shall have to see what destiny holds for me. I am not afraid of hard work and do that every day almost – apart from the odd day if I see a friend! Even then, if I can squeeze work in then I will!! But next year needs to be more implementation, risk taking, and far more productive for me. Next year, will be my year to shine! Watch this space!
As always, stay quirky and write soon
So why am I famous at last?? Good question!! Because I am in Corey Poirier’s new book – The Book of Why and How! – Secrets to Success and Abundance! If you haven’t got yourself a copy yet, and I strongly urge you to do so, you can visit www.thebookofwhy.com Corey is a multiple-time TEDX Speaker, Award Winning Speaker, Thought-Leader and Best-Selling Author, and all round good guy!! A book changed his life, and he has interviewed tons of thought-leaders and experts for this book, to help you to change your own life!! He just loves to give back. What are you waiting for, go grab yourself a copy of The Book Of Why, and change life for the better, forever!! Remember, it only takes one new piece of information, to lead to a new way of thinking, and a new way of life!!
As always, stay quirky! Oh and www.sandrabellamy.com got a complete redesign – check it out if you dare!!!! And let me know what you think?
Lots of love and hugs
Mental Health Awareness Is Key To Understanding Yourself!
I am very fortunate to have had my self love quote linked to an article about mental health, which I wanted to reblog, and say thank you to the blogger, (Dr. Neal Ranen, M.D.), who has brought this article to our attention. It is well written in 1st person.
Since I’ve started being honest about my mental health, I’ve noticed that my relationships have changed – mostly for the better.
There’s more trust there. We’re able to talk about bigger things. Now that I’ve opened up, the people around me have started to open up, too.
And it’s made me think about how much time I’ve spent being not-the-best friend when I wasn’t open about what I was dealing with (meaning depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and obsessive thoughts).
I want to say sorry.
I’m sorry for all the times I didn’t message you back because I overthought a response, then decided that ignoring you entirely would make you hate me less than taking a few hours to send a text.
(Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)
I’m sorry I declined your calls, scared to reveal that yes, you had woken me up, because I’m still in bed at 3pm on…
View original post 116 more words
On the 8th of November, I reached 7 years of blogging on this Quirky Books blog, I cannot thank you enough for all of your love, care and support over these years, it has meant such a lot.
Some people don’t understand why I don’t just migrate this blog to some other site of mine, but I love it where is it, right now and for 7 years. This blog is like my comfy armchair, my sofa in my virtual lounge, and I love talking to you in it!
Thanks for 7 beautiful years, and I am looking for the next 7.
Lots of love and hugs