I thought you may be interested to read my latest post from my other blog http://www.beatredundancyblues.wordpress.com – here it is below:
As you probably know http://www.beatredundancyblues.com is your one stop resource for redundancy. As well as the practical aspects of redundancy it also covers health and wellbeing including stress, anxiety and depression.
You may like to know that I do voluntary work as a Health Buddy for CSV (Community Service Volunteers) in association with BBC Radio Devon. We promote health messages, learn from health specialists and encourage the 5 ways to wellbeing:
- Be Active
- Take Notice
On Wednesday 10th of March, I went to a CSV Health Buddy celebration of music and activities from local refugees who are being looked after by Devon and Cornwall Refugee Support.
I could not help but take notice of the variety of talent amongst the refugees. There were lots of activities including singing, sports, character making out of carrots and foods from their country. I learnt more about them and the foods they eat. People from different backgrounds connected and it was lovely of them to give up their afternoon to entertain and teach us.
At this event I was pleasantly surprised to be presented with a bouquet of flowers and a Certificate of Achievement for helping a distressed and vulnerable person as part of my role as a CSV (Community Service Volunteer) Health Buddy.
I was even more thrilled to be told that I had been chosen to represent the CSV organisation at their 50th anniversary celebration, to be held at St James’s Palace in London on Monday 15th of July 2013. In the presence of Her Majesty the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I feel incredibly honoured to be chosen for.
Redundancy can make you feel deflated and powerless. Take back the control in your life by discovering what you were born to do and make it happen for yourself.
I am living my dreams and I want you to be too.
Posted in 5 Ways to Wellbeing, BBC Radio Devon, beatredundancyblues.com, Community Service Volunteers, CSV, CSV 50th Anniversary, depression, Health Buddy, Her Majesty the Queen, physical wellbeing, positive thinking, quirky, quirkybooks.net, Radio, readers, redundancies, redundancy, Refugees, Sandra Bellamy, Writer, Writing, Writing activities
Tagged 5 Ways to Wellbeing, anxiety, anxiety and depression, BBC Radio Devon, Beat redundancy, beat redundancy blues, beatredundancyblues, beatredundancyblues.com, bouquet of flowers, Certificate of Achievement, Community service, community service volunteer, Community Service Volunteers, CSV, depression, duke of edinburgh, Health, Health and wellbeing, Health Buddy, Her Majesty the Queen, Inspiration, Invitation to St James's Palace, London, Mental health, physical wellbeing, presented, Quirky, quirky books, quirkybooks, quirkybooks.net, radio devon, redundancies, redundancy, Sandra Bellamy, St James's Palace, Stress, volunteer health, Volunteering, Writer, Writing, writing inspiration
I have been thrilled to receive a number of awards over the last couple of months, including these two Liebster Awards . I have already been given a pink Liebster Award and now I have a blue one and a white one to add to my collection. Although I have noticed that the white Liebster award is not the same as my previous pink award or the blue one because it states Liebster Blog and then a heart to symbolise love. So I guess with the third award I am getting some serious blog loving.
I won my second Liebster Award March 15th 2013
The Blue Liebster Award is from Rohan rohan7things.wordpress.com
I received this Liebster Blog (Love) award from mikesfilmtalk.com on March 26th 2013.
Thanks to Rohan and Mike for these two beautiful blog awards. I am very grateful for each and every award that I receive and I feel honoured that people have taken the time to read my blog and are enjoying the content.
As there appears to be some discrepancies between the rules for theses awards I am going to use the rules that I used for my first pink Liebster Award on the 10th of November 2012 quirkybooks.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/the-liebster-award-thanks-and-nominations for both of these awards.
For this award I need to:
- Answer 11 questions from the nominator. As Rohan hasn’t asked me any questions, I will answer the ones from Mike.
- Nominate 11 other people to receive this award (It is meant to be for people who have less than 200 followers but I don’t mind who you nominate. It’s the thought that counts.)
- Create 11 questions for the new nominees to answer
- Place the blog award on my blog
- Link back to the people who nominated me for this award
- Inform my nominees of their award from me
My 11 questions to answer are:
- Are you a cat or dog person, and why? Although I like cats, I am a dog person. My best friend when I was young was my cocker spaniel called Purdy. Nowadays my guineapigs are the love of my life. They are so cute, loveable and gorgeous. (Smaller poos to clean up too.)
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which three celebrities would you choose to be with you? Kylie Minogue, Fred Savage (If you remember him from The Wonder Years) and Bruno Mars.
- What’s your favourite film of all time? I have 3, You got Served, Grease, Dirty Dancing. All dance and music films. You Got Served is hip hop and has a great story line.
- Is there anything that you collect, and if so what? Erasers. (Some may like to call them rubbers but to avoid confusion with condoms, I like to use the word eraser.) I tend to buy them from the places that I visit and any I find that are unusual. I also collect eeyore things , from Winnie the Pooh. If you click on the link you will see a short video of eeyore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMDAY8H5yIw
- What is the strangest or most inventive thing you’ve ever dressed up as for a fancy dress party? I haven’t been to a fancy dress party as such but I have hired a witches costume and been in the audience of a Deal or No Deal Halloween special. I wore the costume on the train to go to the studios on my own from Exeter to Bristol. A couple commented that I was brave to do that.
- Are you a Windows or Mac user? I am definitely a Mac user. Although I do use Windows for Mac.
- What is your favourite place to go? To go on holiday I like Disneyland Paris or London. I love being busy and going to fun places. I especially like going to theme parks, zoos and aquariums.
- If you could keep any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose and why? My 4 beautiful guineapigs. They are the best thing ever.
- What is your proudest moment, like, ever? I have a lot. My latest one is being singled out for an official Special Recognition Award for my http://www.beatredundancyblues.com website prior to its launch. It is signed by Womens Development Unlimited and Devon County Council. (There is no apostrophe in their spelling of womens)
- Do you have any weird nicknames? No. My strangest one when I was at secondary school was “Sange”.
- If you could be anyone for a day (dead or alive, real person or a character, animated or real) , who would you choose and what would you do? If I had a previous life, I always used to think I was a tortoise, don’t ask me why, I have no idea. It may be because I had one for a pet. I guess I wouldn’t mind being a bird, so I could try out flying for the day but I would need to have a different mind because I don’t like heights and would spend all day on the ground. I like my mind so think I will stick to being me.
My 11 questions are:
- Do you prefer black or white and why?
- What do you like most about rain?
- If you could publish any one book that you are currently writing, which one would it be and why?
- If you weren’t a writer, what other job would you be doing and why?
- Do you prefer poetry or prose?
- What is your greatest writing moment to date and why?
- What is your favourite genre to read and why?
- What is you favourite animated film?
- Do you prefer How to or self-help books and why?
- How would you like people to remember you?
- What are your three most positive words.
I nominate the following bloggers for the blue Liebster Award:
I nominate the following bloggers for the white Liebster Blog (Heart) award:
Some of you may have over 200 followers but like I said, it’s the thought that counts.
Happy Easter to all of my fellow bloggers. Thanks for your support.
Have a fantastic Easter weekend.
Posted in award, Award Nominations, Blog, Blog award nominations, Blog awards, Blog Post, Blog Traffic, Blogger, Blogging, Books, Liebster, quirky, quirkybooks.net, Sandra Bellamy, Winner announcement, Writer, Writing
Tagged award nominations, blog, Blog award, Blog award nominations, blog awards, Blog posts, blogger, Blogging, Blogs, Books, Bruno Mars, Devon County Council, Disneyland Paris, Fred Savage, Kylie Minogue, Liebster Award, nominations, Quirky, quirky books, quirkybooksnet, Sandra Bellamy, Writer, Writers, Writing
I have been awarded the Best Moment Award for my About me page on this blog.
I want to thank http://www.momentmatters.com for this honour that you have bestowed upon me.
I will post my acceptance speech below and pass on this beautiful award to some others. So many wonderful blogs choose from. I will post the rules below and make my nominations.
Awarding the people who live in the moment,
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered -
Savoring the experience of quality time.
Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded.
Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them the great news.
- What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way
- Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling
- Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
I accept this award with gratitude and heartfelt appreciation.
For any person who takes the time to look at my blog, I am truly grateful.
For every person that likes my blog, I am thankful.
When a person leaves a comment on my blog, I am inspired to continue blogging.
For each person who interacts with me, I am elated.
For any person who Follows me, my face lights up with pleasure.
For every blogger who shares their knowledge, wisdom and thoughtfulness, I am blessed to be in your company.
Every moment in life is precious, so make sure you do everything you can to cherish and enjoy it.
THE WINNERS OF THE BEST MOMENT AWARD ARE:
- utesmile.wordpress.com - Your 2nd
Don’t forget to celebrate with your followers! Tweet your success with hashtag #MomentMatters. Congratulations, winners!
For each of my nominees, I have carefully selected a page of theirs for the Best Moment Award.
Posted in award, Award Nominations, Best Moment Award, Blog, Blog award nominations, Blog awards, Blog Post, Blog Traffic, Blogger, Bloggersphere, Blogging, quirky, quirkybooks.net, Sandra Bellamy, Writer, Writing
Tagged acceptance speeches, award acceptance speech, Best Moment Award, blog, Blog award, Blog award nominations, blog awards, blog nominations, blog nominees, Blogging, Books, moment award, Quirky, quirky books, quirkybooks, quirkybooksnet, Sandra Bellamy, Winners, WordPress, Writer, Writing
Thanks to Rohan from http://rohan7things.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Illuminating Blogger Award! His blog is exceptionally great, just like him, so please check it out.
As always with any blog award, there are rules:
In order to acknowledge this award, you need to post the badge on your blog, share a few words about yourself and pass on the award to 5 other bloggers.
Normally I am not lost for words but being asked to share just a few, is difficult. Ohh! I just did it.
And those who I want to illuminate with this award are:
Congratulations to all of you. Your words are inspirational and your kindness is appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who follows my blog, you are the best blogger friends that anyone could wish for.
Posted in Blog, Blog award nominations, Blog awards, Blogger, Bloggersphere, Blogging, Illuminating Blogger Award, quirky, quirkybooks.net, Writer, Writing
Tagged blog, Blog award, Blog award nominations, blogger, bloggers, Bloggersphere, Blogging, Books, few words, Illuminating Blogger Award, Publishers, Quirky, quirky books, quirkybooks, quirkybooks.net, Sandra Bellamy, WordPress, write, Writer, Writing